Sony Music Latin presents the Casita Limón project in conjunction with the 10-time GRAMMY® and Latin GRAMMY®-winner Javier Limón. Casita Limón is a new platform whose objective is to discover, develop and promote an emerging generation of artists.
Javier Limón is the artistic director of the Berklee Latino music-education program and a renowned producer whose credits include over 100 albums by such diverse international icons as Paco de Lucía, Bebo Valdés, Wynton Marsalis, Andrés Calamaro, Alejandro Sanz, Joaquín Sabina, Serrat and Alicia Keys.
Starting on September 10, Sony Music Latin and Casita Limón will launch a series of showcases for this project’s artists at Miami’s Gibson Showroom, giving them key exposure and experience in a live setting.
Countries represented by artists at these showcases include USA, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil and Spain. These young musicians are set to change the rules of music. Some of them have already released albums and been awarded scholarships from the Latin GRAMMY Cultural Foundation®. Others have toured the world and are signed to top booking agencies such as IMG Artists (NY) and the rest, have duetted with legends such as Juan Luis Guerra, Monsieur Periné and Alejandro Sanz, who invited several of them to sing with him on stage at a Latin GRAMMY® ceremony in Las Vegas.
The following artists will perform on September 10:
- Delfina Cheb: Casita Limón’s lead vocalist, this Argentine songwriter is influenced by jazz and folklore.
- Anilee List: L.A. resident who is considered the Berklee college’s most potent voice.
- Nella: Venezuela’s most promising young artist, she has toured the world, duetting with Alejandro Sanz for American Airlines and recording with Juan Luis Guerra. Her album release coincided with roles in movies alongside Javier Bardem and Penélope Cruz. She serves as the worldwide ambassador of Spain’s Iberia Airlines.
- Martin Guas: An exceptional singer and multi-instrumentalist, he is well-known in his native Argentina. He is also gaining recognition in the U.S. with appearances on The Voice and roles in Netflix productions.
- Limón JR: Despite being the youngest member of the crew, he has released his first album and has performed in such cities as Boston, New York, and Madrid (Teatro de La Zarzuela). His first single was recently unveiled on Alejandro Sanz’s Instagram account and Spain’s popular afternoon drive-time radio program “La Ventana” on Cadena SER.
- THE BAND: Alexis Soto, Jarrell L Campbell, Han Beyli, and Andrés Echeverría are the musicians who accompany these artists. Hailing from the U.S. and Latin America, these top-notch instrumentalists draw on their family backgrounds from such countries as Mexico, Chile, Venezuela and Brazil to create a true US LATIN ALL STAR band.