Latin News Daily is a news and information website dedicated to offering acculturated, bilingual and bi-cultural Latinos the latest news in politics, business, technology, entertainment, and sports. Our coverage reflects the growing influence of the Latino population in the U.S. and its political and economic impact. Each month Latin Daily News engages an audience of more than 3 million visitors with thought-provoking original and curated content, complemented by contributions from prominent leaders in the Latino community.
Latin News Daily is seeking SEO-savvy writers (weekends only) to report on trending news and popular topics, as well as produce content both for and about Latinos. Specifically, that means:
- Stories that are trending and SEO-friendly
- Stories that resonate with the general Hispanic community in the U.S.
- Stories that explore the lives and interests of the Latino community.
The ideal candidate will be capable of breaking important news as well as researching and writing multiple articles throughout the day while meeting daily deadlines and traffic goals. The ideal candidate must be timely when delivering news stories, write compelling articles, drive traffic and have great organizational skills. This position requires an innovative, organized, resourceful and goal-oriented reporter who has a strong vision, a proven track record of publications and an obsession with online trends.
- Experience with SEO and keyword selection .
- Excellent writing, grammar, reading comprehension and proofreading skills, as well as an eye for detail. Versatility and ability to work without constant oversight.
- Experience working with online content management systems.
- All content is in English, but Spanish language skills are preferred to translate sources.
- This is a telecommuting position, so the ideal candidate will be self-motivated and responsive to queries or requests from editors. Latin Post is growing organization, so we are looking for people who are willing to pitch in with ideas and effort as the situation warrants. As the company continues to expand, there will be opportunities for advancement.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, writing clips (a minimum of 300 words), and a cover letter detailing your qualifications, salary requirement and interest.
- Writing: 1 year